BE WTR stories
YOUR POSITIVE IMPACT
15 March 2023, 6:56 GMT
By BE WTR
Plastic pollution and the transportation of plastic bottles are major environmental concerns. Plastic production generates substantial amounts of CO2, a greenhouse gas that contributes to climate change. Recent studies estimate over 400 million tons of CO2 emissions are produced annually from plastic production. Additionally, transporting plastic bottles also emits significant CO2.
What does Carbon Footprint really mean?
Imagine every step you take leaves an invisible mark on the planet. That’s your carbon footprint, a measure of the environmental impact of your actions. From the food you eat to the energy you use, it’s like a trail of your footprints behind you. Let’s shrink those footsteps and dance lighter on our beautiful planet!
How we help you reduce your carbon footprint
We replace the use of disposable plastic bottles thanks to water systems and reusable glass bottles. By using our systems and switching to reusable glass bottles, we reduce the demand to produce new plastic bottles, which saves resources and limits the greenhouse gas emissions associated with their manufacture.
By choosing BE WTR, you embrace upgraded tap water sourced locally, resulting in CO2 savings tied to bottle transportation.
Decoding your BE WTR carbon footprint saving:
– To be aligned with international standards our calculation is based on ISO 14044 (2006) Environmental Management – Life cycle assessment and ISO 14067 (2018) Greenhouse gases – Carbon footprint of products.
– For restaurants and hotels, we consider the current share of plastic and glass bottles in each country, as well as the reduction in plastic bottle usage upon implementing the system.
– For offices and households, the estimation is based on the daily consumption of water and sodas per person, sodas being almost exclusively wrapped in plastic, with assumptions made regarding the reduction in soda consumption induced by the introduction of a refrigerated water fountain.
– All the calculations take into consideration the carbon footprint of the BE WTR systems throughout its life cycle.
– All the calculations are based on your actual consumption data collected by BE CONNECT.
We are continuously improving our carbon footprint estimation and we are working to be certified by an independent firm. By reducing plastic waste, minimizing bottle transportation, and promoting reuse, we contribute to environmental preservation and the fight against climate change. It is a sustainable and responsible choice that brings tangible environmental benefits.
Discover our water systems
Innovation & design water systems for homes and professionals.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Similar articles :
Tech and Sustainability Unite: Introducing BE CONNECT, BE WTR’s latest innovation for enhanced hydration experience